Friday, October 14, 2005

Back from whenever it is I posted last

What up asses --

Lloyd back in the house for a long overdue update. I could tell you why I haven't had anything to share for some time here on my rockin' site, but I don't think anyone is cool enough to really know.

So, to recap, Lloyd rules and you all are brownies.

I wanted to use this post to discuss the crap-tac-u-lar world of the NFL.

I mean, who the hell watches this homoerotic sport? Not I, that is for sure.

Well, I was hanging out over at my mom's place this past Sunday, and I happened to catch a game. (She is a big Cowboys fan)

I finally wrestled the remote from her cold, damp hands and mananged to change the channel to something more wholesome: "Star Trek" reruns.

You cannot mess with the awe that is Captain Kirk.

But I digress.

For three "quarters" my mom was cheering for this one team with stars on their heads to move some bullet-shaped pig down a giant soccer field.

In between plays, grown men, wearing spandex pants no less, were patting each other on their rears and dog-piling all over each other, which they called a "tackle."

Ha! I think not.

These men are clearly homosexuals, not that there is anything wrong with that.

What I hated, was the fact that they tried to make this sporting event seem like a display of athliticism and machismo, to name two attributes.

I mean, come on. One of the teams got this brown "ball" if you will, into the end rectangle on the field, the man who caught it then went on to dance like a Showgirl.

If I want real, manly athletics, I will tune into something like gymnastics or figure skating. It is clear the men in this sport are more interested in their individual competition than patting some other dude on the ass or all jumping into a pile together on national television.

Once again, being gay is OK and I have no problem whatsoever with that lifestyle, I just wish the NFL didn't try to make their sport look like something it is so clearly not.

If they keep this charade up as-is then I think they should make the following changes to clarify the orientation of this sport:

-- Players should wear pastel-colored uniforms, or make sure they coordinate with the gameday weather.

-- Teams must be introduced as they run onto the field by a Barbara Stresiand song of their choice.

-- A few flower boxes in along the sidelines would brighten things up.

-- Two words: Gucci helmets

-- If a player gets cold while on the sidelines, they must wear a sweater over their pads that has a duck or cat on it.

-- Change all scoreboard fonts to look more cursive and swirly.

-- Guest TV commentators would help as well. I suggest Andy Dick, who would share the stage with rotation of all the guys from "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy."


Not to worry, I have already forwarded these suggestions to the NFL, so I will be sure to pass along any response.

Lloyd out.


Current mood: OMG, TGIF, LMAO

Current Music: Theme from "Cheers"

9 Comments:

At 3:20 AM, Blogger Trampilot said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger Trampilot said...

"I did not think it was possible, but you are a bigger loser than me.

We all know King Kong is the better monster movie. Moron."

Thank you for commenting on my blog. At first I was a little saddened by it, but then I realised that it was a clever ploy just to get people to look at your blog. Which alas isn't anything special. I've read far better ones.

However I can see from the abuse of other bloggers this isn't an isolated incident.

I'm sure you feel that you are offering a service by evaluating other's blogs. In my case the lack of any constructive criticism levelled at my blog in preference to just a personal attack clearly means that you have something against me.

Is it jealousy? I do have a very exciting life and certainly not the usual toe gazing that a lot of bloggers relate to. Considering what I've achieved this year and that my online life is less than a year I don't think my blog is that bad. I certainly feel that I am more qualified than most to talk about films given my academic background.

What annoyed me mostly about your comment was your asummation that I think Godzilla is the greatest monster movie of all time. At no point did I say this and I quite agree that the 1933 version of King Kong is the greatest. This is indisputable. Maybe English isn't your first language or you have to get an adult to help you.

If you feel you are brave enough to face me via an email or on msn I'd quite happily discuss things with you. Perhaps like yourself, I like to help and advise people, just that in my case I prefer not to perform the equivalent of shouting through a letter box and running away.

I've always prefered to face people rather than act like a coward and only offer only vitriol rather than smile.

If you wish to take this further email: holierthanthou@btinternet.com

This email account will exist only for the next 7 days.

I hope you are able to converse cordially. I believe that a sign of above average intelligence is someone that can express their opinions without resorting to insults.

 
At 3:48 AM, Blogger Trampilot said...

ps.

I find it quite touching that you consider yourself a loser too. I found this genuinely funny.

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger elvira black said...

Norm; Cliff; the love that dare not speak its name--say no more.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger LloydChristmas69 said...

Well, I do like giant monkeys..

Perhaps I should not have jumped to the assumption that you are a moron. That said, I am glad my little ploy worked.

Here you are, commenting on my rad blog.

I'll try to email, though I am a busy nerd with may obligations. We shall see... Any thoughts on the new Peter Jackon version on King Kong? I say it holds promise, though the original will always be best by virtue of being first, as well as the ground it broke upon original release back way back when


Elvira -- Hello to you too.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Trampilot said...

I'm glad you responded in such a positive manner. I hate having to get all uppity with people, especially online as it's so impersonal.

I've only seen the trailer to Jackson's KK. I was surprised that it was set in the 1930s. This made me smile a lot so I do have my hopes for it.

Ilove the original though and even have a soft spot for Son Of Kong and the original Might Joe young. Though I tend to have soft spots for most old films.

Please email. If we can get along and talk films then I'm always up for that.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger LloydChristmas69 said...

I'm the loser? You're the one with the bonkers name. Who gave you that name? Your whore of a mother????!?!?

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger NiNi said...

Hahahaha! Actually, now I think you're pretty hilarious.

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger Trampilot said...

I have to admit the more I read this the better it gets. Keep up the good work Lloyd. It's very amusing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home